Happy fall! With the weather getting colder and winter squash becoming available locally in New England, it’s the perfect time to make this hearty and healthy vegetarian classic. Panera can’t top this!
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Get out a large soup pot.
- Set up a blender or food processor
STEP TWO – Make the Soup
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
1 large carrot
1 large onion
1 large stalk of celery
1 large butternut squash
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
4-5 cups of vegetable broth
Salt and pepper
- Warm up the soup pot on medium heat and add the oil.
- Peel the carrots, onions, and squash and cut them and the celery into small chunks.
- Add the vegetables to the hot oil.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add in the butternut squash, garlic, and thyme and stir to combine.
View original post 220 more words